I started at 0900 this morning…
I carefully pulled everything apart, keeping all the bits and bobs together so nothing got lost.
I placed everything down, as if I were breaking down a gun (apparently that’s the way to keep things in order! First piece off, place it furthest away. Next piece, next closest… And so on. Just in case I need to do this again, in the dark, in the jungle….)
I started sanding…
Until all 14 pieces of beautiful old hardwood were free of old stain and grime.
I applied a coat of Danish oil to the very thirsty timber and began re-piecing my puzzle.
Now all she needs is for me to buy a couple of new, longer than the old ones, screws so that I can place the new 12dpi reed into the beater….
It’s all very exciting!